CUSTOMER SUPPORT INTERNSHIP
3 MONTHS, FULL TIME, £18,000 PRO RATA
Closing date: 28th January 2019 – Interviews : 5th and 7th February 2019
This is an exciting position for an ambitious and self-motivated individual who is looking to join a fast growing company that will provide opportunities for personal growth and development. Reporting to the Head of Support and working as part of the Support Team, the Customer Support Intern will be responsible for supporting front line, customer facing, store staff so that they provide a smooth experience for their customers. This will involve “in the moment” trouble shooting or liaising with internal stakeholders, such as the software team, to resolve any issues that can not be easily fixed. The role will also include assisting the software team and performing QA testing.
This is a 3 month internship with the possibility to extend the length of the internship or the offer of a permanent role.
DAY TO DAY
- Dealing with incoming customer issues and queries through our ticketing system (emails, telephone calls and tickets logged through the portal)
- Maintaining and managing the ticketing system
- Assisting with customer software rollouts remotely
- Completing QA testing on any new/updated software (developed in both VVVV and Unity)
- Monthly flagship store checks
- Taking ownership of customer tickets and managing them in a logical and methodical manner
- Diagnosing and resolving problems to the customer’s satisfaction
- Testing of YR developed software
- Identify ways to assist in the development of internal processes and procedures to improve upon the efficient running of the Support team and the YR Customer experience.
SKILLS COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Passion for customer service and an interest in software development/management
- Good communication skills and the confidence to pick up the phone and liaise with people who may be working under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Perform under pressure and not feel overwhelmed
- Initiative and confidence to take ownership of a problem and manage it through to resolution
- The ability to break down tasks
- The ability to prioritise workload
- Passion for making things work better and more efficiently
NICE TO HAVE
- A computer science/IT related degree or equivalent experience
- Some experience in design and software programming (C# preferably)
- Experience with Photoshop/Illustrator
- A keen eye and love for design, aesthetics and art
- A good understanding of computer hardware and networking
- Experience of working in client-facing environments
- A high technical aptitude and strong attention to detail
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
— How to maintain a ticket queue
— How to test software
— How to troubleshoot both software and hardware issues
— Transferable skills within Customer Service
— Resilience and stress management skills
— Strengthen your verbal and written communication skills
— Stakeholder management
— Problem solving
— How to think and react under pressure
WHAT YR OFFERS YOU
- Good salary, bonus and other benefits.
- A happy and exciting working environment.
- Development opportunities and creative flexibility.
- Great offices in the Heart of London – Shoreditch.
- A great global team, with strong values and a warm and caring environment – somewhere you can look forward to working each day